Everyone has a role to play to keep people covered as Idaho conducts Medicaid renewals. What Can You Do?
Let people with Medicaid and CHIP coverage know they need to:
- RESPOND to the Medicaid/CHIP renewal form when it arrives to keep your coverage.
- PARENTS should respond even if you don’t think you’re eligible – your kids could still be eligible!
- CONSIDER OTHER COVERAGE OPTIONS: If you are no longer eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, check if you can get coverage through your employer, through Your Health Idaho (YHI) at yourhealthidaho.org, or through Medicare.
Getting the word out about Medicaid renewals is an all-hands-on-deck effort, and we are asking for help from our partners. We urge state and local elected officials, health plans, providers, and others in the public and private sectors to:
- SPREAD THE WORD: getting the message out to Medicaid and CHIP enrollees throughout Idaho is crucial to ensuring they maintain their health coverage.
- HELP PEOPLE WITH THE RENEWAL PROCESS: Partner with Idaho Medicaid/CHIP to provide direct assistance to individuals and families with completing the renewal form.
Medicaid Unwinding: How can you communicate about the Continuous Coverage Requirement?
Lost Medicaid?: Learn about other healthcare options
- Your Health Idaho’s open enrollment period is just around the corner! Open enrollment begins on October 15th and closes on December 15th.
- Your Health Idaho has created downloadable messaging toolkits, designed specifically for Open Enrollment and navigating the conversation around the Loss of Medicaid Special Enrollment Period Extension. Visit their website to download their toolkit!